Friday, December 12, 2008

My first post

It took me a while till i decided to start this blog even though my interest in astronomy can be traced back for long time. i am hoping that through this blog to catch attention of people like me and share our experience and interest in astronomy and star gazing in general. i would welcome any suggestions you may offer. for me it has always been difficult to stop outside in the evening and looking into the sky without thinking what people might think of me and what I am looking at. But at the same time it is also difficult when you think of people who never give a notice to the sky and its moon let alone the stars and their raise and set times and probably there will be months before they look up to the sky and think about those natural phenomena and not raising a single questions on how they exist and since when they have been in existence. one does not have to be a scientist to admire the night sky. I am sure there are allot of people in town who share my interest of watching stars and not necessarily involved in an expensive hobby of buying expensive gears like telescope and CCD’s. It is the month of November, early morning temperatures is dropping to 27 degrees C and cannot help to take moments to notice Orion right on top of our heads when we wake up early morning around 4:30 when light pollution is in its lowest level here in Muscat area. yes many people are aware of air pollution, water pollution but it seems there is little awareness of light pollution. i am not yet into telescopes but I am sure i would be very upset if that 100W bulb of my neighbor is flooding my field of view to catch a glimpse of Saturn as it raises these day in the early mornings.



good night

No comments: