Friday, December 12, 2008

my short break to nizwa

Back from the trip. Not like what I expected but still was nice one. Since I had to leave the mountain before sunset, as a recommendation from people not to drive down at night if I do not intend to sleep over. I did not get the chance to watch the dark sky of the Jabal Alakhdhar. The weather was nice beside being Brrrrrrrrrrrr, very cold. 13 degree in the morning and average 16 during afternoon. It was not totally disappointing thought. At the hotel I stayed it was located away from town and so the light flooding was not that bad and the sky was even better than Muscat. Venus was approaching Jupiter. Today as I observed them they are approximately 5 degrees apart. While watching a special program today on the TV, it was announce that the committee that was set to observe the moon sight did not get any report for sighing the newly born moon and therefore the month will complete its 30 days. Being close to the sun, it is always a challenge to sight the moon even with the special telescope that was set at the Jabal Shams. Germany made, the telescope has the capability of spotting the moon in hard conditions where sun light block the moon fading reflexted light.

No comments: