Friday, December 12, 2008

My trip to interior Oman

Today I will be travelling to the interior Oman as we call it, and guess what, I will be away of light pollution of Muscat, at least for the two days I will be there. I will be enjoying the skies, especially with the chill weather of Jabal Alakhdhar in the evenings. Have not been there for some time now, I heard there are some street lights that have been installed lately. I do not know how much that have affected the dark sky of Aljabal. I always like to visit the little souk that is over there. Nothing much to buy but I like the aroma of the products they sell. Last time I visited them I bought a walking stick for my farther. It is a special one. It is called Utma. Local folklore says that it keeps away the bad spirits at light when you walk with it !!!. I need one my self, not for that purpose though, but to start practice walking with it as I always get embarrassed when I need to during special occasions like wedding or funerals. I look clumsy with it. Till then. Have a nice National holidays

No comments: