Friday, December 12, 2008

smiling face


The day before yesterday evening was exciting one. Even the town got moved by it. It’s the configuration of the Jupiter, Venus and the moon. Looking at them, even with those with minimum imagination could see a face with two eyes smiling back. I thought of sharing it with others, I started sending SMS to those who will bother to look up at the sky for once and admire the scene. Being the International year of Astronomy next year 2009, I hope public here in Oman will be more aware about astronomy. We used to, I remember the old house of my uncle when I used to sleep over, there was a long stick behind the house with marks on the ground with different distances apart. Now I realize it was just a simple sundial telling the farmers when to start diverting the Falaj water to his neighbor farm. A smart way to divide scares water resources during summer time here in Oman.

No comments: